What is involved in Operational Resource Management
Find out what the related areas are that Operational Resource Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operational Resource Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operational Resource Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operational Resource Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operational Resource Management related domains to cover and 112 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operational Resource Management, Crew resource management, Air France Flight 447, Air National Guard, Air safety, British European Airways Flight 548, Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile, Crew management, Decision making, Department of Health and Human Services, Dryden Flight Research Facility, Eastern Air Lines Flight 401, First Air, First Air Flight 6560, Global Positioning System, Helmet fire, Human error, Instrument Landing System, International Journal of Aviation Psychology, Interpersonal communication, Line Oriented Flight Training, Maintenance Resource Management, National Transportation Safety Board, Pitot tube, Popular Mechanics, Qantas Flight 32, Resolute, Nunavut, Saudia Flight 163, Self awareness, Single pilot resource management, Situational awareness, South Canyon Fire, Sterile Cockpit Rule, Tenerife airport disaster, The Checklist Manifesto, Threat and error management, Transportation Safety Board, United Airlines Flight 173, United Airlines Flight 232, United States Air Force, United States Department of Defense, Vanity Fair:
Operational Resource Management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Operational Resource Management adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Operational Resource Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we know that any Operational Resource Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Crew resource management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Crew resource management issues and maintain Crew resource management for success.
– Think about the functions involved in your Operational Resource Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do we all define Operational Resource Management in the same way?
– How to deal with Operational Resource Management Changes?
Air France Flight 447 Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Air France Flight 447 governance and plan concise Air France Flight 447 education.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Operational Resource Management project?
– Have you identified your Operational Resource Management key performance indicators?
Air National Guard Critical Criteria:
Value Air National Guard issues and create a map for yourself.
– Does Operational Resource Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Air safety Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Air safety projects and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Air safety decisions.
– Consider your own Operational Resource Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
British European Airways Flight 548 Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase British European Airways Flight 548 risks and prioritize challenges of British European Airways Flight 548.
– Will Operational Resource Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we maintain Operational Resource Managements Integrity?
Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile Critical Criteria:
Nurse Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile visions and overcome Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses pour la Sécurité de l’Aviation Civile skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Among the Operational Resource Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Operational Resource Management ?
– Does the Operational Resource Management task fit the clients priorities?
Crew management Critical Criteria:
Explore Crew management failures and change contexts.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Operational Resource Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Operational Resource Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are we Assessing Operational Resource Management and Risk?
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Decision making governance and mentor Decision making customer orientation.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– Do we monitor the Operational Resource Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
– What is Effective Operational Resource Management?
Department of Health and Human Services Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Department of Health and Human Services results and mentor Department of Health and Human Services customer orientation.
– What are our needs in relation to Operational Resource Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Dryden Flight Research Facility Critical Criteria:
Merge Dryden Flight Research Facility risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Dryden Flight Research Facility results.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Operational Resource Management processes?
– Is Operational Resource Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 leadership and find out what it really means.
– Think of your Operational Resource Management project. what are the main functions?
– Are there Operational Resource Management problems defined?
First Air Critical Criteria:
Meet over First Air adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in First Air.
– Why are Operational Resource Management skills important?
First Air Flight 6560 Critical Criteria:
Consider First Air Flight 6560 risks and drive action.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Operational Resource Management objectives?
– How do we Identify specific Operational Resource Management investment and emerging trends?
– What is our formula for success in Operational Resource Management ?
Global Positioning System Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Global Positioning System leadership and revise understanding of Global Positioning System architectures.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Operational Resource Management in a volatile global economy?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Operational Resource Management activities?
– Why is Operational Resource Management important for you now?
Helmet fire Critical Criteria:
Group Helmet fire failures and oversee implementation of Helmet fire.
– Does Operational Resource Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Does our organization need more Operational Resource Management education?
Human error Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Human error strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Human error projects.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Operational Resource Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the Operational Resource Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Instrument Landing System Critical Criteria:
Start Instrument Landing System tactics and differentiate in coordinating Instrument Landing System.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Operational Resource Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How will you know that the Operational Resource Management project has been successful?
International Journal of Aviation Psychology Critical Criteria:
Transcribe International Journal of Aviation Psychology engagements and devote time assessing International Journal of Aviation Psychology and its risk.
– Does Operational Resource Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Operational Resource Management is underway?
Interpersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Study Interpersonal communication tasks and work towards be a leading Interpersonal communication expert.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Operational Resource Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What element(s) of interpersonal communications do you believe are the most important in a Customer Service environment?
– Do we have past Operational Resource Management Successes?
– How can we improve Operational Resource Management?
Line Oriented Flight Training Critical Criteria:
Align Line Oriented Flight Training risks and display thorough understanding of the Line Oriented Flight Training process.
– How do we measure improved Operational Resource Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is there any existing Operational Resource Management governance structure?
Maintenance Resource Management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Maintenance Resource Management issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Maintenance Resource Management.
– Does Operational Resource Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
National Transportation Safety Board Critical Criteria:
Check National Transportation Safety Board strategies and oversee National Transportation Safety Board requirements.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Operational Resource Management?
Pitot tube Critical Criteria:
Devise Pitot tube leadership and oversee Pitot tube requirements.
– How important is Operational Resource Management to the user organizations mission?
– How can the value of Operational Resource Management be defined?
Popular Mechanics Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Popular Mechanics issues and look for lots of ideas.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Operational Resource Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Operational Resource Management project lifecycle?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Operational Resource Management services/products?
– In what ways are Operational Resource Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Qantas Flight 32 Critical Criteria:
Boost Qantas Flight 32 risks and spearhead techniques for implementing Qantas Flight 32.
Resolute, Nunavut Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Resolute, Nunavut planning and forecast involvement of future Resolute, Nunavut projects in development.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Operational Resource Management effort?
Saudia Flight 163 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Saudia Flight 163 quality and drive action.
– Which customers cant participate in our Operational Resource Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is maximizing Operational Resource Management protection the same as minimizing Operational Resource Management loss?
– Do Operational Resource Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Self awareness Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Self awareness goals and get going.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Operational Resource Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Operational Resource Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Have all basic functions of Operational Resource Management been defined?
Single pilot resource management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Single pilot resource management management and probe the present value of growth of Single pilot resource management.
Situational awareness Critical Criteria:
Use past Situational awareness quality and maintain Situational awareness for success.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Operational Resource Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– How will you measure your Operational Resource Management effectiveness?
South Canyon Fire Critical Criteria:
Design South Canyon Fire goals and visualize why should people listen to you regarding South Canyon Fire.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Operational Resource Management. How do we gain traction?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Operational Resource Management project?
Sterile Cockpit Rule Critical Criteria:
Adapt Sterile Cockpit Rule tasks and learn.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Operational Resource Management process?
Tenerife airport disaster Critical Criteria:
Survey Tenerife airport disaster tasks and point out Tenerife airport disaster tensions in leadership.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Operational Resource Management been identified and analyzed?
The Checklist Manifesto Critical Criteria:
Contribute to The Checklist Manifesto failures and create a map for yourself.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Operational Resource Management that make it risky?
Threat and error management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Threat and error management tactics and optimize Threat and error management leadership as a key to advancement.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Operational Resource Management forward?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Operational Resource Management activities?
Transportation Safety Board Critical Criteria:
Depict Transportation Safety Board adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Transportation Safety Board decisions.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Operational Resource Management?
– What are the short and long-term Operational Resource Management goals?
United Airlines Flight 173 Critical Criteria:
Communicate about United Airlines Flight 173 quality and find the essential reading for United Airlines Flight 173 researchers.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Operational Resource Management values?
– What is the purpose of Operational Resource Management in relation to the mission?
– What are the business goals Operational Resource Management is aiming to achieve?
United Airlines Flight 232 Critical Criteria:
Boost United Airlines Flight 232 tasks and catalog United Airlines Flight 232 activities.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Operational Resource Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who sets the Operational Resource Management standards?
United States Air Force Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in United States Air Force adoptions and plan concise United States Air Force education.
– In a project to restructure Operational Resource Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How can you measure Operational Resource Management in a systematic way?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Powwow over United States Department of Defense tactics and improve United States Department of Defense service perception.
– Who will provide the final approval of Operational Resource Management deliverables?
Vanity Fair Critical Criteria:
Gauge Vanity Fair strategies and correct better engagement with Vanity Fair results.
– What are the disruptive Operational Resource Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can you negotiate Operational Resource Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are internal and external Operational Resource Management relations?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operational Resource Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operational Resource Management External links:
Operational Resource Management – Gartner IT Glossary
Crew resource management External links:
[PDF]Rail Crew Resource Management (CRM): U.S. …
crew resource management Study Sets and Flashcards | Quizlet
Crew Resource Management – Vanderbilt Health …
Air National Guard External links:
New York Air National Guard
Careers | Air National Guard
Air safety External links:
International Air Safety Summit – Flight Safety Foundation
Air Safety Institute – AOPA
Crew management External links:
CrewConnect | Crew Management for Sailing and Regattas
Decision making External links:
Effective Decision Making | SkillsYouNeed
Essays on decision making – Rutgers University
Department of Health and Human Services External links:
NC Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Health and Human Services – Maine.gov
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services – …
Dryden Flight Research Facility External links:
NASA Dryden Flight Research Facility Operations …
NASA Dryden Flight Research Facility Operations …
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 External links:
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 – YouTube
First Air External links:
First Air (Book, 1991) [WorldCat.org]
First Air – Official Site
“Nova” First Air War (TV Episode 2014) – IMDb
First Air Flight 6560 External links:
First Air Flight 6560 – Crash Animation – YouTube
First Air Flight 6560 – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/First Air Flight 6560
Global Positioning System External links:
Global Positioning System – GPS – Schriever Air Force Base
[PDF]Global Positioning System (GPS) Survey …
GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM Flashcards | Quizlet
Helmet fire External links:
Helmet Fire Crescents by DecalGuyz
Human error External links:
GitLab outage caused by human error – Business Insider
“Star Trek: Voyager” Human Error (TV Episode 2001) – IMDb
Instrument Landing System External links:
instrument landing system (ILS) | aviation | Britannica.com
instrument landing system – Wiktionary
Introduction | Instrument Landing System – ILS
Interpersonal communication External links:
Interpersonal Communication Essays – ManyEssays.com
Interpersonal Communication – AbeBooks
Interpersonal Communication Skills | SkillsYouNeed
Line Oriented Flight Training External links:
Line Oriented Flight Training – SKYbrary Aviation Safety
Line Oriented Flight Training | Simulation | Airlines
Maintenance Resource Management External links:
Maintenance Resource Management (MRM) – Global Jet …
Chapter 16 MAINTENANCE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
National Transportation Safety Board External links:
[PDF]National Transportation Safety Board
Pitot tube External links:
Pitot Tube Cover: Aviation Parts | eBay
F-300 Pitot Tube Acrylic Flowmeter – Blue-White Industries
pitot tube | measurement device | Britannica.com
Popular Mechanics External links:
I Enjoy Pointless Titles: Popular Mechanics – blogspot.com
Popular Mechanics by Raymond Carver – The Sitting Bee
Popular mechanics (eJournal / eMagazine, 1900s) …
Qantas Flight 32 External links:
Seven Years Later: Qantas Flight 32 | AirlineGeeks.com
Qantas Flight 32 – AviationKnowledge
[PDF]Escape to Failure: The Qantas Flight 32 Uncontained …
Resolute, Nunavut External links:
Resolute Bay Airport (Resolute, Nunavut) CYRB / YRB …
Resolute, Nunavut Forecast | Weather Underground
Saudia Flight 163 External links:
FS2004 – Deadly Delay (Saudia Flight 163) – YouTube
Self awareness External links:
Most Popular “Self Awareness” Titles – IMDb
Situational awareness External links:
Situational Awareness (2013) – IMDb
Situational awareness (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
South Canyon Fire External links:
South Canyon Fire in Glenwood Springs, Colorado
South Canyon Fire – Main Page – US Forest Service
South canyon fire investigation – FRAMES
Sterile Cockpit Rule External links:
Sterile Cockpit Rule – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Sterile Cockpit Rule&item_type=topic
[PDF]Adapting Use of The “Sterile Cockpit Rule” in Radiology
Tenerife airport disaster External links:
The Tenerife airport disaster in 5 min – YouTube
The Tenerife Airport Disaster – the worst in aviation history
Tenerife Airport Disaster Memorial – Find A Grave Memorial
The Checklist Manifesto External links:
The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
The Checklist Manifesto Summary | AL
The Checklist Manifesto | Atul Gawande
Threat and error management External links:
CRM Threat and Error Management – YouTube
Threat and Error Management Model – AviationKnowledge
Transportation Safety Board External links:
[PDF]National Transportation Safety Board
Contact The National Transportation Safety Board
History of The National Transportation Safety Board
United Airlines Flight 173 External links:
Close-Up: United Airlines Flight 173 – AVweb Features Article
United Airlines Flight 173 (1978) – YouTube
United Airlines Flight 232 External links:
United Airlines Flight 232 | KLM Law
United Airlines Flight 232 | Facts & History | Britannica.com
United Airlines Flight 232 victims – Find a Grave
United States Air Force External links:
United States Air Force – Home | Facebook
Visitors – United States Air Force Academy
United States Air Force – Legal Assistance Website
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
Vanity Fair External links:
Vanity Fair at JCPenney®
http://Ad · jcpenney.com/VanityFair
30% Off Vanity Fair Today
http://Ad · HerRoom.com/Vanity_Fair
Vanity Fair – Official Site